Currently available Jobs:
Please click the links below to find out more about our currently available jobs:
Joinery / Carpentry Foreman
The Sofa and Chair Company are currently looking to recruit a first rate, professional and experienced Joinery/Carpentry Foreman who will be responsible for the control of the company's frame making facility.
This is a challenging role that will only appeal to an ambitious, energetic and intellectually capable individual who has had previous hands on experience in the manufacture of furniture frames.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
Key Skills Required
- Professional Joinery/Carpentry qualifications.
- A strong background in wood working.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills when dealing with a multi cultural workforce.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical drawings.
- Excellent planning, organising and multi tasking skills.
- Strong ability to introduce good manufacturing practice
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- Energetic, dynamic, influential and persuasive
- Good analytical skills
- Computer skills M S Office
- Good understanding of Health & Safety
- Understanding staining, spraying and polishing processes would be beneficial.
- Manage a multi cultural team of 8 / 11 workers.
- The planning and production scheduling of works orders.
- Inspection of completed frames to ensure compliance to technical drawings.
- Ensuring staff are fully trained in all woodworking techniques.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the CAD design team in the construction of frames.
- Liaising regularly with other departments (including the upholstery department) to ensure work is completed on time.
- Maintain all woodworking equipment and machinery.
- Developing and motivating the carpentry team.
- Ensuring the highest quality control standards is maintained.
- Management of multi cultural staff.
- Leading and motivating team to improve productivity and reduce and lead time
- Provide technical support with an eye for detail.
- Problem solving
- Handling employee issues.
- Managing Quality control.
- Excellent earnings opportunity for the successful candidate
- Salary and additional benefits will be agreed based on your ability and experience.
If you feel you would suite the role and enjoy a challenge then please send a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul on 07956400433.