The Sofa & Chair Company is renowned for its high quality hand built craftsmanship. Based in West London, we specialise in the design and manufacture of luxury upholstered and custom made furniture in a variety of styles and finishes. It is a thriving, dynamic company with high ambitions and huge growth potential.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
This unique position will see you working as part of a strong technical team on exciting and challenging projects. The position will involve developing our client’s initial concepts through to final production. You will be expected to visit some of London’s most prestigious homes and commercial properties to carry out site surveys.
As the company rapidly expands, so does the need for new fresh collections. Designers are given the opportunity to creatively express their ideas and inject new products into the luxury furniture and homeware market. This will see the designer being involved from initial concept through to final production and marketing.
We ask that the designer has attained a degree qualification in Product or Furniture Design plus a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an awareness of both traditional and modern furniture construction methods. We will be seeking a designer with an obvious enthusiastic passion and drive for the subject, which will lead to great prospects within our company.
- Sound knowledge and experience in using Solidworks
- Ability to produce clear and informative production drawings
- Knowledge of basic furniture construction
- Industry aware of market trends and tastes
- Ability to communicate well with other departments
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Adobe CS
- 2D Auto CAD
- Strong sketching ability
- Experienced in taking accurate measurements on site
- Site surveys for access checks and measuring up
- Producing 3D Solidworks models of bespoke furniture and drawings for clients approval
- Create fully working production drawing packs and 1:1 templates for manufacturing
- Source parts and components from external suppliers and vendors
- Design and develop new collections of upholstered furniture and homeware
- Support the marketing team with the launch of new collections
- Help manage and maintain the up-keep of our current product range
- Continue to manage and expand our existing supplier and vendor chain
- May be required to travel to events such as Milan’s International furniture fair
- Salary based on experience
- Bonus system for all bespoke projects
- Royalty scheme for the design of new collection items
If you feel you would suite the role and enjoy a challenge then please send a covering letter and your CV to: email@example.com or call Jonathan on 0208 993 4415.
>> View All Job Vacancies