UPHOLSTERY TEAM LEADER
The Sofa and Chair Company Ltd. are currently looking to recruit a professional and experienced Upholstery Team Leader who will be responsible for the motivation, welfare and training of a small team of 6 - 8 staff in the upholstery Workshop.
You will manage the workflow of the team, looking after projects right through the production process to ensure customers receive their furniture on the agreed delivery date, to the correct specification and meeting the highest quality standards. You will have hands-on experience in cutting and template making.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- GCSE or equivalent professional qualifications
- Computer skills MS Office
- Understanding technical drawings - beneficial
- Sewing, cutting, stapling and template making knowledge Essential
- Framework and polishing - beneficial
- The ability to introduce good manufacturing practice
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Energetic and dynamic
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Persuasive and influential
- Good analytical skills
- Man management skills for a multi cultural workforce.
- Manage a team of 6 - 8 craft workers including Upholsterers & Machinists.
- The planning and production scheduling of works orders.
- Delegating, monitoring and controlling work of the team.
- Ensuring the highest quality control standards is maintained.
- Effective communications and attending regular meetings.
- Recruiting, developing and motivating upholstery team.
- Ensuring staff are fully trained in all upholstery techniques.
- Working accurately to technical design drawings & customer specifications.
- Liaising regularly with other departments (including the Carpentry Workshop and Sales team) to ensure work is completed on time to customer requirements.
- Hands-on experience in cutting and template making.
- Reports directly to Production manager
- Management of multi-cultural staff.
- Leading and motivating team to perform well.
- Technical eye for detail.
- Recruitment of new staff.
- To improve productivity.
- Reduce lead times.
- Problem solving.
- Managing quality control.
- Handling employee issues.
- Excellent earnings Opportunity.
- Salary & Additional benefits will be agreed based on your experiences.
- Opportunity for overtime
If you feel you would suite the role and enjoy a challenge then please send a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul on 07956400433.
>> View All Job Vacancies