LUXSALE Sales & Operations Manager
The Story So Far
Imagine the highest quality, luxury home furnishings and furniture all under one roof. Based in West London, The Sofa & Chair Company boasts one of the largest interiors showrooms in Europe, the largest fabric library in the UK and was founded in direct response to the needs of interior designers and discerning customers searching for unique and beautifully made furniture pieces.
Dedicated to true British craftsmanship, The Sofa & Chair Company prides itself on being the UK’s leading manufacturer of sofas and bespoke furniture and having only the finest manufacturing practices, authentic materials and a steadfast commitment to quality. With our own manufacturing operation just a stone’s throw from our showroom, we pride ourselves on our design, our quality, and the memorable end-to-end experience that we’re able to offer to our clients.
2020 is an incredibly exciting time for The Sofa & Chair Company; we’re looking to do things a little differently going forwards, and we are looking for talented, passionate people to join us for the journey. If you’re looking for a new challenge, you’re empowered and motivated by making an impact, and you’re looking to drive change, then read on...
We’re looking for a talented individual to join us as LUXSALE Operations Manager. LUXSALE is our outlet channel, part of The Sofa & Chair Company group. You’ll take responsibility for this department of our business, working with your team to ensure that the right product is available for sale both in our showroom and online, at the right price and merchandised appropriately. You’ll ensure that financial and operational targets are hit, and that processes are not only maintained but optimised to ensure simple efficiency within the LUXSALE department, and in collaboration with other business areas. Reporting to our Head of eCommerce, the LUXSALE Operations Manager will also be responsible for developing and upskilling a small team. You’ll work with your team to ensure that LUXSALE operates smoothly, overseeing the product offering and merchandising for the company website. You and your team will work closely with other departments including Buying & Merchandising, Marketing, Operations and Sales so clear communication is key. Our ideal candidate will have experience in sales and customer services, so that they know how to deliver the exceptional service our customers expect from us and can lead by example.
Key Skills Required
• Track record of delivering operational excellence
• Good understanding of eCommerce
• Strong understanding of customer behaviour, both pre & post-sale
• Proven track record of both sales performance and customer service
• Demonstrable experience in client-facing roles, preferably in a luxury environment
• Excellent people management skills; you have experience of leading and developing a team
• Strong numerical & analytical skills
• Business acumen and entrepreneurial approach
• Ability to work under pressure – you’re able to adapt quickly and are used to managing various moving parts
• Basic understanding of SAP; experience using SAP will be an advantage
• Computer literate – you’re confident using Microsoft Office
• Ensuring operational excellence within this business area
• Delivering Group standards through LUXSALE
• Managing the LUXSALE team, upskilling and developing them
• Reporting KPIs and presenting results and subsequent plans to the Senior Leadership Team
• Making sure that LUXSALE is optimised to maximise sales through this channel
• Be a leader; as part of our management team you’re responsible for representing your department, contributing and delivering on strategic objectives
To be considered for this role, you should be:
- Within easy commute of Acton, West London
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
If you think you're a match, we’d like to hear from you - apply here -
We aim to respond to all candidates within one week. If successful, we'll arrange a first stage interview with our Head of eCommerce.
Data and Privacy
The Sofa and Chair Company takes protecting your data seriously.